Since the beginnings of Viva East Bank!, we have done the following:
1. Allocated NIRP funding to infrastructure improvements (MLK Jr. Park 2013, Capitol East 2015).
2. Planted trees along East Grand (2014) avenue to beautify the corridor.
3. Created, maintained and financially supported school & community gardens (2013, 2014, 2015) at Hiatt, Carver and 7th Day Adventist Church.
4. Provided a lighting assessment in Capitol East neighborhood (2014)
5. Park improvements in MLK Jr. Park (2013, 2014)
6. Hosted a Neighborhood Blitz in partnership with the City of Des Moines and Habitat for Humanity in Capitol East (2014)
7. Worked with AARP to conduct a walkability assessment in MLK Jr. Park neighborhood (2014)
8. Worked with Iowa State University Community Design Lab to create and begin implementing improvements in Capitol East neighborhood (2014)
Dollars Invested: > $1.9 Million
Edited July 2015