Since the beginnings of Viva East Bank!, we have done the following:
1. Hosted Hiatt Service Day (2014 & 2015), engaging over 600 students in giving back to their school, neighborhood and greater community. Take a moment to see our post of all the activities students helped with in 2014.
2. Financially supported Ease into East (2014 & 2015), a transitions program for eighth graders going into ninth grade at East High School. This program supports students through enriching sessions and engaging activities as they transition into high school.
3. Hosted two years of MLK Park Summer Learning Program (2014 & 2015) thanks to a partnership with Viva East Bank! and United Way. This program supports kids in Kindergarten through fifth grade through enriching all-day sessions at the MLK Jr. Park. Average attendance is between 35-40 kids.
4. Hosted regular Boys and Girls Club Family Nights (2014 & 2015). These family fun nights engage families after the Club shuts down.
5. Parent University (2015) was hosted in over ten locations in the East Bank neighborhoods. Parent University was supported by Decat funding to connect parents to resources within the school and outside in the community.
6. Launched Carver Elementary PTO (2015). Connecting parents to opportunities in leadership within the elementary school has drawn several people into the school to voice concerns and opportunities.
7. Created East Bank Youth Corps (2014 & 2015). This is a group of students at East High who participate in once-a-week programming that provides leadership and service opportunities to those involved. Check out the group on Facebook!
Dollars Invested: > $116,422
Volunteers Involved: 152
Edited July, 2015